Most people choose checking accounts above saving accounts because of their maintenance fees and other expenses. But you may wonder, knowing that several free online checking account with virtual debit cards are easily manageable through mobile apps, and they offer incremental perks.
Obtaining a virtual credit card with checking accounts may help users to organize finances easily. People don’t have a debit card, and they may have to pay excess fees and stand long for making quick purchases. Thus, you can switch to instant virtual debit cards for purchasing easily and keeping your funds safe.
We have analyzed thoroughly and picked the best banks, and with those, you can get an instant virtual debit card after opening a checking account. So, let’s scroll down to the discussion of the best free online checking account with virtual debit cards!
Quick Summary Of The 10 Best Free Online Checking Account With Virtual Debit Card
Recommended 3 Best Free Online Checking Account With Virtual Debit Card
|Bank Name||Key Takeaways|
|Open Bank||Withdraw and deposit cash instantly with no fees at the 1,500 contactless ATMs, Fee-free extras, and card renewal with a 3D security system on all purchases via cards|
|Ally||Get 0.25% APR with $15,000 minimum daily balance, and it deposits checks remotely, adds a double line defense against overdrafts, and saves when spend with Round-Ups|
|Chase||Online banking accessibility with 16,000 ATMs and more than 4,700 branches, and charges no fee if you’re overdrawn by $50 or less at the end of the business day|
- 10 Best Free Online Checking Account With Virtual Debit Card
- FAQ About Best Free Online Checking Account With Virtual Debit Card
- Which bank gives virtual debit card instantly?
- How do I get an instant virtual debit card?
- How does a virtual debit card work?
- Can I use my virtual debit card for all types of transactions?
- Are there any fees associated with a virtual debit card?
- What should I do if I lose my virtual debit card?
- Final Verdict
10 Best Free Online Checking Account With Virtual Debit Card
1. Open Bank
Open bank is a leading bank based in Spain, which is great for opening Online Checking Account With Virtual Debit Card. Open bank online virtual debit card can be your best instant, and eco-friendly virtual credit card. Their virtual debit cards are offered from Mastercard, which is usable anywhere Mastercard is accepted.
They offer a virtual credit card which will never leave your side in times of your need. After opening from day one, you can get secured banking services with great peace of mind from Open Bank. You can start using your new virtual bank account with debit card from Open Bank without any activation or renewal fees.
- Go for Open Bank debit card checking account or restore your card free of expense
- Pay in or withdraw funds from any ATM from 1500 spots free of any costs
- You can dump your wallet at the house, just “hold” the card in your device and use it anywhere anytime
- Open deals, calamity insurance, SMS signals, Protected e-Commerce, etc. services free of cost
- You can shop online or at any merchant that accepts Mastercard and has contactless technology
Open Bank instant virtual credit card online also includes insurance services and they provide coverages up to 6000 euros. They offer swift payment with contactless technology, and the 3D secure system adds optimal protection. During application, you can receive the card instantly on your mobile or smartwatch.
Ally is an online-based bank that allows opening bank accounts with virtual debit cards instantly. It is one of the most reliable and handy banks that pay more Annual Percentage Yields for the credits.
The most highlighted points that make Ally so loyal are their effortless account setup and high-marked customer service.
With Ally credit check banking, you can safely save more and grow your marks faster. Opening an interest checking account at Ally is so straightforward that it will take just about 5 minutes to activate the services.
All you need is just your Social Security or Tax Identification number, a legal US residential street address.
- Provide comfort, flexibility, and security for your checking account and require no minimum balance for the account activation
- You can open your checking account using the name of a trust
- They don’t charge any monthly fees for the account maintenance
- Gives 0.10% APY for accounts with less than 15,000 dollars minimum daily balance, and 0.25% for 15,000 dollars minimum daily balance
- Has more than 43,000 no-fee Allpoint ATMs across the US
Always provide your date of birth and a legal name during activation. With Ally Interest Checking Account, you can easily count your daily banking. It is a certified account meeting the National Account Standards, providing safe, low-cost, low-fee account access.
Chase is a banking service that comes with three types of checking accounts- everyday checking, Kids & Students, and Premium Checking. A few of the most popular checking accounting services from Chase Bank are- Chase Total Checking, Chase Secured Checking, and Chase Premier Plus Checking.
Chase Total Checking account is one of the most popular accounts with the banking essentials which charges 12 dollars or you can waive the fees. Chase Secure banking is a no-frills checking account without overdraft fees, but it has a specified monthly charge of 4.95 dollars.
- Get access to more than 16000 ATM locations and they also add 4700 physical bank branches
- Adds Chase online banking, online bill payment, theory waves the fees for paper checking transfers
- Use Up to 2 Chase Premier Plus Checking accounts, and the Chase fee waived at non-Chase ATMs
- They charge zero overdraft fee if you’re overstated by 50 dollars or less at the ending of the trade daytime
- Comes with an AutoSave feature that makes saving easy with automatic transfers to Chase savings account
If you want to get more benefits and save money on counter checks, money orders, and more, then you can go for the Chase Premier Plus Checking Account. With Chase, you can disburse only the funds you have available, without bothering for overdraft fees.
4. Capital One
Capital One is one of the United States’ trusted banks that offers many account categories, including checking accounts. is a physical bank that also offers 24/7 mobile banking that you can access with your Capital One mobile app. You can open, keep, and use checking accounts & you can save money in the longer run.
It is one of the best free online checking account with virtual debit cards that require no security deposit for opening a checking account. With the Capital One 360 checking account, you can use it safely and Securely even if you lost your debit card. Capital One offers more benefits and handy features.
- With their FDIC-insured checking accounts, including Fraud coverages, you can bank securely.
- They offer in-person assistance with their friendly Ambassadors at their branches or cafes.
- You can access your money two days before your payday with the Early Payback service.
- They have a wide range of overdraft options that allows you to spend more without worries.
- You can make online transactions on the go without any maintenance or service fees from Zelle services
Unlike any bank that opens your checking account first, you can open it first by yourself by a mobile phone from Capital One. Get virtual debit cards with protected account access through mobile apps. You can also Deposit checks without waiting in long lines like others from Capital One 360 Checking Account. Capital one bank provides reloadable prepaid cards with no fees.
Chime is a mobile banking service that offers fee-free banking features which are possessed by the Bancorp Bank or the Central National Bank.
With more than 60 thousand ATMs across the United States, it offers satisfactory customer service. You can make a Free Visa Debit card which can be operated effortlessly by their dedicated mobile app.
It means you can control the overall things of the account or the Visa Debit card through your mobile. You should note that Chime is not a bank; it is a tech company offering mobile banking benefits. You can trust the services of Chime if you are looking to open a bank account with no deposit required.
- They charge no monthly fees for account usage and don’t need to pay any overdraft fees or security deposits
- Their Credit Builder secured credit card can help you build up to 30 credit points on average
- They offer up to 0.50% Annual Percentage Yields on the deposited money so that you can grow your money faster
- Through direct deposits, Chime provides a paycheck two days earlier than most of your teammates
- With SpotMe service, Chime spots up to 200 dollars on debit card purchases without any overdraft fees
Opening an account with Chime is pretty simple and Straightforward, which you can perform in minutes. You can access your Chime credit card-based mobile banking on the run, anytime, anywhere! Chime has a protected security checking control procedure covered with 24/7 customer support.
6. Varo Money
Varo is a full-service online banking platform that comes with banking facilities controlled by mobile apps. With Varo, you get an online checking bank account with no monthly fees, which include instant virtual debit cards as well. Varo Money offers to open a bank account free of cost.
Since it is a mobile app-based banking service, you don’t have to wait for the transactions. Varo bank gives Visa Debit cards which you can use to pay instantly wherever the Varo logo is visible. Within a few seconds, you can close your EMV-chip debit card in the Varo Mobile app.
- Varo Money Banking is also an FDIC member, which offers you insuring up to 250,000 dollars under the FDIC deposits.
- With their direct deposits service, you can get paid up to days earlier before your payday.
- If your card gets lost or misplaced, you can lock your card with your phone within seconds.
- They don’t charge monthly account fees, transfer fees, or foreign transaction fees.
- Make transactions with more than 55 thousand ATM checkpoints around the country nearby your locality.
Varo Money now offers to send money or receive money from any Varo to Varo bank account free transfer money from one debit card. All Varo Visa Debit cards come with Zero Liability fees which means you don’t have to pay anything for any unauthorized charges. You can sign up for a Varo Money account within a few moments.
Go2Bank is a prominent US bank with more than 20 years of experience in the banking border. A virtual debit card is all your debit card data without the bodily card. This contains your debit card numeral, end date, and CVV code. You can find your GO2 bank virtual debit card in the app.
It now has more than 33 million contented users across the US, and they provide deposit services with more than 90 thousand retail direct deposit locations. With Go2Bank, you can disburse your invoices from a single app and consistently send a statement to assemble a payment effortlessly.
- Charges no monthly fees with eligible direct deposit, or they charge just $5 per month
- Requires no minimum balance to open a checking or savings account from online platform
- Provides overdraft protection of up to 200 dollars with opt-in and qualified direct deposit
- Get your pay up to 2 days early with their direct deposit service
- Deposit cash at a local retailer with free nationwide ATM network
You can make up to 7 percent instant cashback when you purchase eGift Cards from almost 100 popular retailers in their mobile application. Earn over 10 time3s more than the federal savings rate standard with a savings account, and get 1 percent APY paid quarterly on savings up to 5,000 dollars.
8. FNBO Direct
FNBO Direct is built on the solid foundation of First National Bank of Omaha (FNBO), and they come with a strong banking heritage that dates back 160 years. They offer a free online checking account with virtual debit card and home loans with FNBO Mortgage.
FNBO Bank has three types of services- Online Savings Account, Online Checking Account, and Free Visa Credit Card. All of their services come with no hidden charges, and their savings account requires no maintenance fees. With FNBO, you can open a checking account with no minimums.
- Provide access to your money anytime anywhere with the virtual debit card
- Partnered with Allpoint® ATM Network to bring you access to 55,000 surcharge-free ATMs
- Grants 24/7 access to more than 2 million ATM locations worldwide
- Offers first-class online security with zero monthly servicing fees
- With Visa debit card, you can get 1 point for every 1 dollar qualifying purchases after first 12 billing cycles
You can send money to anyone with the Popmoney service free of charge. Use the checking account every day and you will notice endless potential growth to your financial funds. Their ExtraEarning Visa Card allows earning 2 points(1 point & 1 bonus point) for every dollar spent.
9. Axos Bank
Axos Bank is one of the most well-established full-service online banks in the United States, which is a recognized federal chartered bank. It comes with an easy banking and loan giveaways system that requires little to no charges for a direct banking system.
You can get a free online checking account with virtual debit cards from Axos bank and it does not require any opening deposit. They offer multiple Checking accounts varieties. They are- Rewards Checking, Essential Checking, Golden Checking, First Checking, Cash back Checking, etc.
- Essential Checking requires no activation fees and monthly fees in early direct deposit
- You can earn up to 0.61% APY, which will make money faster
- No need to pay extra charges for account continuation and maintenance each year
- Requires no overdraft or non-sufficient fund charges
- Automatically pay your bills with the Bill Pay Feature
Axos Bank has peer-to-peer payments which allow you to pay your friends directly from your account, and it just needs an email or mobile number. With just your valid ID card and Social Security Number, you can apply to Axos Bank Essential Checking accounts within just 15 minutes.
Betterment checking account is a mobile-based online banking system that provides access to both actual account and Visa debit cards through mobile phones. Their checking accounts and the Visa Debit Card are provided and issued by nbkc bank, an FDIC-insured bank.
They offer hassle-free checking accounts that don’t require fee checking or deposits. You should note that Betterment is not a bank. It is an online or mobile-based banking system. If you yield your cellular bill with a Betterment Visa Debit card, you can get cell phone insurance without any cost.
- Betterment requires no fees for the ATM and foreign transactions
- All their usage fees are automatically reimbursed, and they charge no overdraft fees
- Your account will be safe and secured as it is incorporated with FDIC, and you can insure up to 250K dollars through nbkc bank
- Allows you to change PIN, password and lock your card simply from your mobile app
- Pay on the go since they support tap-to-pay Visa debit cards, mobile options like Apple Pay and Google Pay, or paper checks
When you spend more with Betterment credit cards or mobile accounts, you can get cash back from 3% to 5% on various approved shops. Applying to Betterment Checking accounts is super simple, and you can perform it in minutes. It allows you to change your PIN, password and lock your card simply from your mobile app.
FAQ About Best Free Online Checking Account With Virtual Debit Card
Which bank gives virtual debit card instantly?
Open Bank is a bank based in Spain which offers a fee-free virtual debit card instantly after applying for & approval. Citibank, Bank of America, and Capital One also give virtual debit cards after a business day.
How do I get an instant virtual debit card?
First, open a checking bank account. Then, order your card by clicking “get a digital debit card” and top up your account. Your card will appear instantly via mail.
How does a virtual debit card work?
A virtual debit card works the same as a traditional debit card, except it exists entirely on your phone and is accessed via bank and payment apps.
Can I use my virtual debit card for all types of transactions?
Virtual debit cards are digital cards you can use for all domestic transactions and international payments for e-commerce platforms.
Are there any fees associated with a virtual debit card?
There may be some fees associated with a virtual debit card, depending on the provider. However, these fees are typically much lower than those associated with a physical debit card.
What should I do if I lose my virtual debit card?
If you lose your virtual debit card, you should contact your provider immediately. They will be able to cancel the card and issue you a new one.
So, now you know some banks are willing to work with you even if you have lousy banking history or poor credit. But most of the banks that open a free checking account are online banks & the online segment of physical banks. Before choosing a bank for free online checking account with virtual debit card, you need to consider fees, interest rates, and other features of all banks.