Amongst the digital wallets that are available worldwide, Venmo is one of the most popular. Venmo is a money transferring digital wallet service which runs through a mobile app. With Venmo, one can send money from one account to another, send money from Venmo to Cash app, or even Venmo to Venmo easily.
But apart from the user’s demand, people are looking for a widespread option of sending money which is the Cash App. If you are struggling to find out how to send money from Venmo to the Cash App then we can say that you’ve come to the right place. There is no such simplified way that you can use to transfer money from Venmo to Cash App.
If you ask, is there any way or process to send money from Venmo to the Cash App? The answer is Yes, you can go through some procedures to send money from Venmo to the Cash App indirectly.
Since there are no straightforward ways of transferring money between these two apps, you will have to go through some methods accordingly. So stick around with us and we will guide you to the solutions in a detailed way.
Overview Of Venmo
Venmo is one of the most prominent payment methods or options which is a parent service of Paypal. It is pretty much reliable and easy to use since you can transfer money from a mobile application. It is a peer-to-peer money transferring platform that offers reliable, secured transactions and it is also easy to use. The mobile app is available and compatible with both Android and IOS.
Venmo is also used for sending money to your family members, friends and you can pay your rents, bills, taxes also. To transfer money with Venmo, you have to open an account with Venmo. With Venmo, you can add your credit card for any further transactions and it will charge a rate of 3% for transactions. But sending money from your Venmo account’s balance is free of cost.
If you go for a money transfer into your bank account, it will charge 1% as a cost. The issue is, both of the Venmo users need to be inside the United States for transferring money. Using Venmo you can withdraw money only to a bank account or a credit card. One of the disadvantages of Venmo is it will not allow you to send money internationally. Yet you can apply your PayPal account for worldwide money transfers.
Overview Of The Cash App
The Cash App service is not anything different than Venmo, it is also an app-based service for sending and receiving money online. This payment service was first created by Square in October of 2013 and this was previously known as the Square Cash App. Because it was developed by Square for competing with the available other payment methods like Google Pay, Apple Pay, etc.
The Cash App is easily accessible and usable through just any smartphone device whether it is Android or iOS. It is directly found in Play Store for Android and in App Store for iOS devices. Similar to Venmo, you can also send money free of cost between two Cash App accounts. Additionally, it also allows you to transfer funds into your bank account in effortless ways.
Besides all that, you can link payment cards from different prominent methods like Visa, American Express, Discover, or MasterCard. This will also facilitate you to refill money from your Cash App account to your Card for paying bills of any services or goods. Moreover, for making a variety of funding of transactions you can also link your card to your Cash App account. Without linking your card to Cash App you can also use this wallet.
How To Send Money From Venmo To Cash App
The Procedures Of Transferring Money From Venmo To Cash App
Now we will discuss the main topic of this content and what you have come here for and it is how to send money from Venmo to Cash App. Below we will mention two-way outs and you can follow one of them to transfer money of your desires. These 2 ways are as follows,
- Establish a direct deposit for your Cash App account
- Attach the same bank account to both Venmo and Cash App
For performing a successful Venmo-Cash App interplay make sure you read these two ways accordingly that are listed below.
Establish a direct deposit for your Cash App account
Basically, your current Cash App account will seem like a specific bank account unless you link it to any actual bank account. For setting up a straightforward deposit first you need to obtain the account and routing numbers of your Cash App account. This process won’t seem like a hassling one if you have previously ordered the Cash Card which is joined to your Cash App account. Nothing to stay concerned about it if you don’t hold, as we have discussed the ways below.
Procedures Of Finding Out Account And Routing Numbers Of Cash App Account
- First of all, you have to open the Cash App account on your device(Android or iOS).
- On your screen, a dollar symbol will appear and you have to click on the “My Cash” page.
- Next to the dollar symbol, there will be a “Cash” button and you have to click on it.
- Enter into the “Direct Deposit” section and then click on a button naming “Get Account Number” for further proceedings.
- After that, there will appear a pop-up screen and you have to click on the “Enable Account” option.
- At the bottom of the account info section, there will appear a button addressing“Copy Account Details” for letting you copy the account information on the keyboard.
- Straight after that, a button will appear defining “Copy Routing Number” and you have to copy things by clicking on the options.
- Now you have to add the account and the routing number on your Venmo and you are done.
Inputting Information Into Venmo and Follow Further Proceedings
For Adding Bank Account
- Enter the Venmo app and at the top corner of the central page, you will find a button that is made of 3 dotted horizontal lines and you have to click it.
- After that, it will take you to the settings menu and you have to select the “Payment Method” option now for further process.
- Then there will appear a floated button addressing “Add bank or Credit Card” and you have to click on the “Bank” option.
- Then you have to follow some steps for verifying yourself, they will require you some steps for you to follow.
For adding Cash App Credit card
Just like the process of adding a bank account you can simply follow these steps listed below for adding a credit or cash app card with your Venmo account.
- Similarly, after entering the Venmo app there will be a three horizontal lined button on the top pa, click on it.
- Again select the settings option and hereafter that, you have to click on the Payment Methods button for stepping forward.
- Following, there will arrive a button directing “Add bank or Credit Card” and now you have to choose the “Card” option.
- After that, input your Cash App card information. Alternately you can also apprehend your card’s data with your phone camera by scanning.
Now that you have entered the account info and the routing number of your Cash App with your Venmo account, you can send money straight into your Cash App account from your Venmo balances.
Attach the same bank account to both Venmo and Cash App
This step is a bit interesting and easy to proceed with. In this step, we will go through a process where we will link both your Venmo and cash App account into the same bank account. Since both of the services can access this mutual bank account then it will be far easier for you to transfer balances between Venmo and the Cash App alternately.
Transferring Venmo Balance To Bank Account
- Enter into the Venmo mobile app first of all. The Venmo app appears like a ‘V’ with a blue background.
- Set the bank account that you want to transfer money between Cash App mutually by internally linking.
- You have to follow their shown steps for verifying your account and then you can transfer money into the bank account.
- For transferring you have to enter the Venmo Home Page and click on the button with three horizontal lines again.
- Then choose the option “Transfer To Bank” or “Transfer Money”. Depending on your device there can appear another option naming “Manage Balance”.
- Now enter the desired amount you want to transfer and select between instant transfer(charges will apply) or 1-3 business days(free of cost).
- You can select from both your bank account or the credit card for transferring.
- Lastly, review all of your pieces of information and confirm the transfer by pressing the “transfer” option.
Transferring the balance into your Cash App account
- First of all, you have to log in to your Cash App account using your mobile phone for transferring money.
- At this stage, you will transfer the money from the bank account to the Cash App account, just follow the steps demonstrated below.
- At the home screen of your Cash App account, you have to press the “Balance” tab.
- After that, you have to press the “Add Cash” button and then select the specific amount that you want to transfer.
- After pressing the “Add” button you can use your Touch ID or the Pin code for the confirmation of your transfer.
Just note below that, for this type of transaction you need to have the same bank account linked with both of your wallets.
What Is The Maximum Limit That You Can Transfer?
Not to mention before verifying your account you can transfer a maximum amount of 300 dollars per week. If you verify your account you can extend this number up to 2999 dollars per week. For verifying your account you need to follow these procedures enlisted below.
For the verification process, You have to press the button with three horizontal lines and then go to the settings and tap the“Identity Verification” opinion. Besides, you have to submit these pieces of information and these data will be used for confirming your identity.
- Full name
- Social Security Number(SSN/ITIN)
- Zip Code
After submitting all of those pieces of information you will be verified and you can send up to 2,999 dollars per week. At the time of Venmo to your bank account transaction, you can send a maximum of 999 dollars per transaction. After you get verified you can transfer 19,999 dollars weekly.
What Are the Fees of transactions?
Most of the services from Venmo are free of cost since it is a free app but there are some services that are charged. For instance, if you deposit your credit card’s balance it will charge 3% of the balance. Nevertheless, for instant transfers, it will charge 1% of your balance. Besides, for any purchases from Venmo recognized stores they will not charge you, even if you use your card for payment. Moreover, the transfer process of money into a bank account is free.
We hope you have some necessary information that will allow you to transfer the desired amount of money from Venmo to Cash App or Vice Versa. When you will go for the instant transfer it is quite faster, secured, and pleasant.
If you proceed to an instant transfer you will be charged at a rate of just 1% of your sum amount. In any sort of transfer between bank or credit card, you will be charged by Venmo. Just when you will go for any purchases from online shops or Venmo merchants you will not be charged and the process is simple and reliable.