As a parent, you may ask for the best prepaid debit cards for teenagers, because it helps kids to learn proper money management. Besides, debit cards for teenagers are linked to a parent account, so they get the overall track of the spending. This enables the children to learn how to manage finances and save money.
To teach your child money management skills, the best prepaid credit cards can play an important role. Leading cards for teenagers need to have financial literacy tools, an easy-to-access mobile application, and other relevant features. Most credit cards can have spending limits & tracks, and savings over the time of usage.
We have analyzed thoroughly and consisted a list of the seven best prepaid debit cards for teenagers.
Recommended 2 Best Prepaid Debit Cards For Teenagers
|Prepaid Cards||Key Takeaways|
|Bluebird by American Express||No fee for monthly maintenance activation and offers access to more than 30,000 fee-free ATMs with great budgeting features|
|FamZoo Prepaid Debit Card||Great for twins or teens with multiple sub-accounts, gives access to free ATMs & costs 2.50 to 5.99 dollars per month as a maintenance fee|
- 7 Best Prepaid Debit Cards For Teenagers 2023
- FAQs About Best Prepaid Debit Cards For Teenagers
7 Best Prepaid Debit Cards For Teenagers 2023
Prepaid debit cards work as a pre loaded debit card for teenagers which allow them to pay cashless, and manage their finances under parental control. The reloadable debit cards for teenagers are great for preventing kids from excess money spending and also help them to make real-life financial decisions. Let’s get into the discussion!
1. BlueBird Prepaid Debit Card
For the pathways you move via life, for example, shopping, sprinting chores, paying bills, Bluebird is beside you with the qualitative service. Bluebird Accounts are suitable, adjustable, filled with features, and hold no monthly charges.
This is an excellent kid debit card for the parents who aspire to teach money management expertise to their children since this card does not go into a negative balance even after daily usage.
For convenient usage, it comes with several money reloading options such as Walmart cash registers, direct deposits, money transfers, and credit checks.
- Enjoy the convenience of free ATM access at over 30,000 MoneyPass ATM locations for withdrawals.
- You can load money to your bank straight at the check-out register centers or Money Center through the Free Add cash service.
- You can get your payments up to 2 days immediately with an Early Direct Deposit without any extra charges.
- Transfer money to different Bluebird Prepaid Debit Account owners for free with a bunch of Free privileges.
- Charges 0 dollars fee for monthly maintenance, Foreign Transaction, Walmart Add cash, Online Bill Pay, and Online Acquisition
Besides, Bluebird by American Express comes with several other features, extra services, perks, including purchase protection, roadside assistance, and Amex offers.
However, some bad sides of BlueBird are that it doesn’t offer rewards, and their check deposits require ten days until you pay a cost. Moreover, Cash reloads at other retailers may charge a minimal fee.
2. FamZoo Prepaid Card
If you have twins or teens at home and you want to pick the best prepaid debit cards for teenagers, you can choose FamZoo.
It is a great Mastercard for the parents, which comes with all the family-friendly features. FamZoo is also renowned for offering sub-accounts for reloads and other everyday purchases at online and offline platforms.
FamZoo Mastercards lets parents become virtual bankers for their kids, even those who are more youthful than 13 years. Under one monthly plan, you can add four cards for free of cost.
But if you want to add more than that, then you may have to pay a 3 dollars fee for each Card. You can control all the tasks of your account just from their online platform.
- With an extra 3 dollars per card, you can order prepaid cards for your family members and set up automatic recurring transfers.
- Charges a low monthly fee of 2.50 dollars or up to 59.99 dollars for two years advance prepayment
- Gives access to ATM locations for fee-free transfers and transactions for parents and children attached with an account
- For activation and inactivity, or monthly renewal, they don’t charge any extra hidden fees.
- Parents can have the overall authority of locking & unlocking the cards for promoting children to save with interests.
By advance payments or prepayments, you can reduce the monthly expenses for all the attached cards under your account. For reloading, they come with a wide section of alternatives- direct deposit, PayPal transfer, PopMoney transfer, bank transfer, and Cash adding through retailers like 7 Eleven and Walgreens. They also offer free reloads from Google Pay, Apple Pay, Venmo, and Square Cash.
3. Greenlight Kids’ Debit Card
If you are a parent who wants reloadable prepaid cards with no fees, then you can check out the debit cards from Greenlight. With this debit card, you can teach how to spend and manage money for enhanced savings.
GreenLight Prepaid MasterCard is one of the best banking and investing apps for kids and teens.
According to the statistics, In 2021, Greenlight kids and teens managed a total of 1.07 billion dollars, and it determines that GreenLight is one of the best.
Every dollar earned, saved, spent wisely, and invested is one step closer to a financially healthy and happy generation. It is a reliable service that is recognized by Forbes, Fortune, The Wall Street Journal, NBC, and other prominent platforms.
- Since it is an app for parents and teens, you can add up to five sub-accounts under one parent account
- Charges no fees for purchases, but 4.99 to 9.98 dollars per month as general fees
- For ATM withdrawals, they don’t charge any fees, but the operator fees may be applied
- Adds multiple plans for suiting the families(parents & kids)- Greenlight, Greenlight Invest, and Greenlight MAX
- Get real-time notifications any time the Card is used, create in-app chore lists and tie the work to perks
With Greenlight Prepaid cards, you can Personalize your kids’ debit cards and send money to your kids- anytime, anywhere. Their basic plan, Greenlight, costs just 4.99 dollars per month, and the Premium Greenlight MAX costs 9.99 dollars per month. The regular purchase max per family account is 1,000 dollars, and the ATM withdrawal limit is 100 dollars.
4. American Express Serve
Are you looking for the best prepaid debit cards for teenagers with no fees without a checking account? If so, then the American Express Serve Cash Reloads prepaid debit card can be the best option for you.
Amex Serve Free reloads is the best reloadable Card with no fees for Cash Inclined users. The Serve direct deposit debit card lets you easily manage your money.
Doesn’t matter if you are looking to fund, yield bills online, or handle daily expenses, free refills mean you can add Cash often without incurring fees.
For the usage of your family members, you can add sub-accounts with multiple cards under the same account through Server Reloads. They offer Cash reloads from more than 30K ATMs and 45K retail store locations of Walmart, 7 Eleven, etc.
- It comes with purchase protection for more than 120 days against accidental damage and theft after the purchase date.
- With Fraud Protection, they will cover the expenses if your Serve card is ever lost or stolen.
- After registering your Account, your depositions are federally protected with FDIC for a lifetime period.
- Charges no fee for Cash reload at more than 45,000 retail store locations
- Free Mobile check deposits take less than 10 days and give access to more than 30,000 ATM locations.
With American Express Server, you can stay assured with your bill payments since they will pay your bills when they’re due with their Pay Bills Guarantee service.
Their Online Bill Pay can save you time and help you avoid late fees even if you juggle rent or a mortgage, utility bills, and more. However, Server Reloads charges a 6.95 dollars monthly fee for all states, except for New York, Texas, or Vermont.
5. Capital One Money Team
If you are planning to make money with your teen under your checking account, then you can check the MONEY teen checking account credit card from Capital One.
Capital One MONEY Team is a dedicated service for kids and teenagers, which is top-rated that operates with a mobile app & a linked debit card.
It is a teen checking account that operates with the parent account and you can link up to 2 accounts under one parent account.
They offer prepaid debit cards for teenagers which will ensure a great piece of mind for you as a parent. The Money checking account card from Capital One charges zero fees & requires no minimum.
- It is best for kids, tweens, and all the kids who are aged over 8 or more
- You can keep track of the overall things of the accounts with Parental Control features
- Offers prepaid debit cards which can be used to more than 70 thousand ATMs across the nation
- Parents have the accessibility to link any sort of account into MONEY teen checking account from other banks as well
- Takes no fees or minimum and your child can also gain 0.10% interest on their account balance
Capital One Money Team account accepts any balances and provides up to 0.10 percent Annual Percentage Yield on the current balance which will encourage your child to save more. The money checking account is also one of the best checking accounts of 2020 which is rated by Go Banks Rates statistics.
6. Chase First Banking
Chase First Banking account is a dedicated account for kids and teenagers which also offers debit cards for kids as well. It offers exciting features for existing Chase users.
If you are not an existing Chase account holder, you need to qualify and open a Chase checking account before adding a Chase First Banking account.
As a parent with a Chase account, you can now take a step forward to get a debit card for teens and kids. Chase First Banking account is a teenager checking account that offers debit cards and charges 0 dollars service fee. To open a kid’s checking account for a debit card your teen needs to be between 6 to 17 years.
- Get access to more than 16000 ATM locations and they also add 4700 physical bank branches
- Adds Chase online banking, online bill payment, theory waves the fees for paper checking transfers
- Use Up to 2 Chase Premier Plus Checking accounts, and the Chase fee waived at non-Chase ATMs
- They charge zero overdraft fee if you’re overstated by 50 dollars or less at the ending of the trade daytime
- Comes with an AutoSave feature that makes saving easy with automatic transfers to Chase savings account
If you want to get more benefits and save money on counter checks, money orders, and more, then you can go for the Chase Premier Plus Checking Account. With Chase, you can disburse only the funds you have available, without bothering for overdraft fees.
7. Axos Bank First Checking Debit Card
Axos Bank is a well-established full-service online bank in the US, which is a recognized federal chartered bank. It comes with easy banking and loan giveaway systems requiring little to no charges for a direct banking system.
The Axos Bank First Checking Debit Card is one of the best prepaid debit cards for teenagers.
You can get a free online checking account with prepaid debit cards from Axos bank and it does not require any opening deposit.
It allows adding external accounts for kids and you can track spending under a parent bank account. They offer multiple Checking accounts.
- Essential Checking requires no activation fees and monthly fees in early direct deposit
- You can earn up to 0.61% Annual Percentage Yield, which will make money faster for your added kids
- No need to pay extra charges for account continuation and maintenance each year
- Requires no overdraft or non-sufficient fund charges
- Automatically pay your bills with the Bill Pay Feature
Axos Bank has P2P payments which allow you to pay your friends directly from your account, and it just needs an email or mobile number. With just your valid ID card and Social Security Number, you can apply to Axos Bank Essential Checking accounts within just 15 minutes for your next teenager debit card.
FAQs About Best Prepaid Debit Cards For Teenagers
Can a teenager have a debit card?
Yes, a teenager can have debit cards from their linked parent banking account if they age at least 13 years old.
How to get a debit card for teenagers?
To get a debit card for teenagers, one needs to apply for a prepaid debit card under their checking account for teens over 13. This debit card will be linked with the parent account through joint features.
What is the best debit card for teenagers?
BlueBird prepaid debit card and the FamZoo prepaid cards are the best prepaid debit cards for teenagers with great features and minimal fees.
How to get a debit card for a 13-year-old?
A child can usually apply for a debit card at 13 when a parent or origin-based guardian opens an attached teen checking account on their behalf. Teen checking accounts are normally available until the child reaches 18 years old.
What age can a teenager get a credit card?
While the minimum year range to qualify for a credit card is 18 years old, teens under 21 years old will have a tougher time applying and qualifying for their first credit card without a constant platform of income.
These are the leading prepaid debit cards for teenagers in 2023 which come with excellent features, minimum balance requirements, child-friendly account tracking attributes, and low to no maintenance fees.
Always choose the bank for kid’s debit card on which you have an existing account. This will be much easier for you to add, track, and maintain debit cards for your teenage children.