ReliaCard is a reloadable Visa debit card that allows you to receive government agency payments electronically. The card is issued by the United States Bank and works similarly to other credit cards in that it may be used to purchase products and services as well as withdraw money from ATMs. In this article, I will tell you how to transfer money from Reliacard to Cash App.
It is not possible to send money straight from ReliaCard to Cash. As a result, customers must receive cash from ReliaCard and then move those funds to the Cash App using a connected bank account.
Get A ReliaCard
Once you receive the card, you will be able to see various types of information mentioned alongside it. Some of the essential things that you would need to note here are:
- Cardholder agreement and Terms/Conditions for the card.
- The US Bank Privacy Pledge.
- How to activate the ReliaCard.
- The Fee Schedule shows any associate charge for the card use.
- A detailed description of how and where you make use of this card.
Activate Your ReliaCard
You can activate your ReliaCard either by calling their customer support team or visiting ReliaCard’s official website.
- Call the toll-free number 1-855-279-1270.
- Wait for the respondent to get to you.
- Request for card activation.
- Choose an identification PIN.
How To Transfer Money From Reliacard To Cash App
You can not transfer money from ReliaCard to the Cash App directly. Therefore, you have to use a linked bank account to accept funds from ReliaCard and then send it to the Cash App.
The process will just take a couple of days if you know how to do it the right way.
Bank transfer can take up to 5 days. Once you get the funds, you can send them to the Cash App. Here’s how you can send money to a bank account easily and quickly.
- Identify a bank account that links to a Cash App.
- Initiate an ACH money transfer to the bank from your ReliaCard.
- To complete the transaction, provide necessary account details such as account number and routing number.
Transfer Money From The Bank Account To Cash App
After you have received the funds in your bank account, you can transfer money to Cash App immediately. Similar to the previous step, you need to link the bank to Cash App to initiate the transaction.
- Log in to your Cash App account.
- Tap on Banking Tab and choose to Link Bank.
- Provide account number and routing number for the bank account.
- Tap on Add Cash on your Cash App account.
- Click on Add. Enter the amount of money to be accepted from the bank.
- Use Touch ID or PIN to confirm the transaction.
- The transfer can take up to 3 days to complete. The actual time greatly depends on the linked bank account.
How Much You Need To Pay For A ReliaCard
Getting a ReliaCard is free, and no one should ask you to pay any money to get the unemployment benefits. Furthermore, the unemployment agency does not use any other company to offer unemployment services to the beneficiaries. Thus, you should consider anyone claiming to offer the services as a fraudster.
Fraudsters may also email you lying that you have received the card. Others may also call you and try to obtain money from you. If such happens to you, make sure that you report to the agency by calling 877-877-9392 (Oregon) or visiting the ReliaCard website.
Can You Add Money To Your ReliaCard account?
It is important to note that ReliaCard does not have a routing and account number. Therefore, there is no way you can set up a direct deposit for the card. Only the issuing agency can load the card with money.
That shows that no one can withdraw money with my account number if I have the card. The card does not have an account number anyway. Furthermore, an account number is not enough to get money out of a card, bank, or credit union account.
Benefits You Get From ReliaCard
Many benefits come with the ReliaCard compared to the direct deposit option. They include the following.
- Reduces costs that come with paper checks or vouchers, reconciliation, postage, or replacement of lost checks
- Maximizes electronic payments
- Less process as compared to direct deposit
- Cardholder benefits
- The convenience of funds loaded to your card eliminates the need to cash or deposit a check.
- The card allows you to make purchases at stores that accept it.
- You can withdraw funds at an ATM point.
You can reliacard transfer to cash app money to a bank account. Again, the bank account does not need to be yours, as you can successfully use the Reliacard to transfer money to someone else’s bank account.
- The card comes with Zero Liability.
- Transaction alerts.
- Excellent Customer Care.
- It is secure to operate the card online since the issuing company has invested a lot in data security.
- You can track your expenditure.
- Funds are safe since they have FDIC insurance.
You may like: How To Add Money To Apple Pay Without Debit Card?
Also, Consider: Top 12 Online Shopping Sites With Credit Lines in 2022
How Safe Your Money In ReliaCard?
There is no harm in having money in your card account since various mechanisms are put in place to ensure that you don’t lose money. Mechanisms used to secure your money while on the card are as follows.
Once you receive the card, you are supposed to choose a PIN. The four-digit number is supposed to secure your card account from thieves who can withdraw money from ATMs without your permission.
Your online activities are secure since no one can intercept your communication with the servers. Hackers can never find your account details unless you are careless enough to use an insecure internet connection.
The ReliaCard issuing bank has FDIC insurance in that your money is safe at the bank. That means that if the bank collapses, you can be sure that you will get your funds back.
ReliaCard is a Visa debit card that allows you to receive unemployment benefits from the relevant agency. You do not have to apply for the card since you automatically receive it once you apply for the benefits unless you sign up for a direct deposit.
ReliaCard does not have an account and routing numbers, and thus only the concerned agency can load the card with money. You cannot directly add money from ReliaCard to Cash App. This is how you transfer money from Reliacard to Cash App.